Friday, December 9, 2011

My Little Angel turns 5 today!

Covered in cake and icing, 
Your smile stretched ear to ear. 
Five candles celebrate, 
The joy of your fifth year. 

We sing Happy Birthday, 
You play midst wrap and bows. 
We marvel at how you touched our lives, 
Just five years ago. 

I remember the first time I held you, 
whispered your sweet precious name. 
You've changed our lives forever, 
Our hearts will never be the same. 

As a child you'll love this day, 
For all the sweets and presents too. 
As parents we'll love your day, 
For the gift we got was you.

Each year we'll add another candle, 
So proud to see you grow. 
But always with the memory, 
Of your first day long ago.

On your birthday, special one, 
I wish that all your dreams come true. 
May your day be filled with joy, 
Wonderful gifts and goodies, too.

On your day I wish for you 
Favorite people to embrace, 
Loving smiles and caring looks 
That earthly gifts cannot replace.

I wish you fine and simple pleasures. 
I wish you many years of laughter. 
I wish you all of life’s best treasures. 
I wish you happily ever after! 

(Adapted from a poem by Jamie Sidwell)


I still can't forget the image of my 5 lb. 6 oz baby, the day she was born! Those huge eyes and dimpled cheeks keep me going even on worst days.  I can't believe my little baby is becoming a little girl.  I wish her all the happiness in the world! Happy 5th Birthday my love!

Some of her favorites from her 5th year: Pink, Swimming, Pizza, Vegetables, Canada (!), Math and Hannah (her friend!).  She wants to be a "Ballet Dancer" when she grows up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think, so please take a moment and leave a comment! Thank you for reading!