Sunday, July 24, 2011

Coins/Currency Values Poem


D always enjoys songs and poems.  I looked online and found this song/poem to re-enforce the coins value. D has a lot of fun reciting/singing this.

Here is our poetry tray.  I need to refill my printer ink meanwhile I wrote the poem out.  The small box that holds the coins/dollar bill was sent by my mom from India.



Here is the text of the poem:

Tune: First two lines of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

Penny, penny, easily spent
Copper brown and worth 1 cent.

Nickel, nickel, thick and fat,
You're worth 5 cents, I know that!

Dime, dime, little and thin,
I remember, you're worth 10.

Quarter, quarter, big and bold,
You're worth 25 cents I'm told.

Half-a-dollar, half-a-dollar, giant size,
50 cents to buy some fries.

Dollar, dollar, green and long,
Worth 100 cents, you can't go wrong!!!



2 comments:

I would love to know what you think, so please take a moment and leave a comment! Thank you for reading!