Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March Poetry

With spring on the horizon this month's poetry basket is one of my all time favorites.  Wordsworth's "Daffodils".  It is slightly longer then what D is used to, but I thought I'd give it a try as she enjoys her poetry trays so much and memorizing is never an issue with her.  There aren't any props with this one as of now, I am not sure if I would have any later on.  I just googled the poem and added some google images.  I printed this out and added dots below each line, so she could point to the words as she recites the poem.

Edited to add:


I added a bunch of artificial daffodils that I found at the dollar store to this tray.  We've already recited this poem quite a few times today.  D loves it!  I was initially a little bit worried at the length, but it doesn't seem to bother her at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think, so please take a moment and leave a comment! Thank you for reading!